Federated Press 16th Annual Taxation of Corporate Reorganization Seminar
Metropolitan Hotel, Toronto ON, Canada
FMC Counsel Donald G.H. Bowman Q.C. will be speaking the Latest Tax-Avoidance and GAAR Developments at the Federated Press 16th Annual Taxation of Corporate Reorganization Seminar.
*Hear the latest developments affecting the taxation of mergers, takeovers, amalgamations and asset acquisitions
*Explore the latest developments and tax planning strategies for the 88(1)(d) bump on an amalgamation or wind-up
*Uncover strategies involving paid-up capital in the context of internal reorganizations*Review developments in Canadian and U.S. cross-border tax rules
*Examine the latest developments affecting the reorganization and taxation of foreign affiliates
*Get best practices for structuring a Canadian exchangeable share transaction
*Study the most current issues in tax avoidance and developments in GAAR
*Review share and asset acquisition tax attributes and the options available to minimize taxes
*Explore legislative changes, case law and changes in the CRA’s position regarding tax-loss use
- Examination of the elements of the general anti-avoidance rule: have we achieved “consistency, predictability and fairness”?
- Key current GAAR cases: what is currently working its way through the GAAR pipeline?
- CRA’s positions on abusive transactions
- A review of recent non-GAAR tax avoidance cases
- The CRA’s “Aggressive Tax Planning Division”: what are they pursuing?
*Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
*Couzin Taylor LLP/Ernst & Young LLP
*Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
*Ernst & Young LLP
*Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
*Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP
*Heenan Blaikie LLP
*Moskowitz & Meredith LLP/KPMG LLP
*Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
*Sullivan Cromwell LLP