Conducting Legal and Effective Behavioral Interviews
This webinar on Conducting Legal and Effective Behavioral Interviews will teach HR professionals and managers how to prepare, conduct, and evaluate behavioral interviews when hiring or promoting employees; to eliminate subjective hiring decisions and increase effectiveness and validity in the selection process while following legal guidelines.
What Participants Will Learn How To:
- Prepare for an interview and ask behavior-based questions that enable you to determine the candidate’s abilities based on their past performance;
- Resist the allure of the flashy job candidate who looks and sounds good in the interview, but turns out to deliver much less on the job;
- Avoid the mistake of dismissing quiet candidates just because they don’t may a great first impression;
- Work with a panel of raters to come up with an objective measurement tool that uses past behavior as the best predictor of future workplace performance.
List of Covered Topics:
- Determine the interview format and select the interviewers;
- Define the required selection criteria;
- Ask questions based on the resume;
- Ask behavior based questions;
- Ask spin-off questions;
- Prepare the interview questions and interview guide;
- Avoid illegal or leading questions;
- Assign interview roles & the order of the questions (if team interview);
- Answer the candidate’s questions;
- Take effective interview notes;
- Avoid interviewer traps;
- Close the interview on the right note;
- Utilize objective evaluation tools.
Event organizer: ComplianceOnline