Class-action Litigation – What Risk Managers and Business Leaders Need to Know
This “Class-action Litigation – What Risk Managers and Business Leaders Need to Know” session will explore the risks of class action and mass tort litigation, while explaining how sound internal audit and risk management practices can be used to successfully manage and mitigate risk to a more acceptable level.
The webinar is aimed to help executives and risk managers to fully understand the problem, the cause of class actions, why plaintiff’s lawyers file and prosecute them and what can be done to reduce the risk.
Covered Topics Will Include:
- Operational issues that lead to class actions;
- Class action economics: how plaintiff’s lawyers find and finance cases;
- Litigation risk management and cutting-edge techniques for limiting class action risk;
- Class action basics: what they are and why they are filed;
- The litigation landscape, including top class action risk areas;
- Auditor and risk manager roles in mitigating litigation risk.
Attendance cost: $149
Event organizer: ComplianceOnline